YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Ensemble Theatre is committed to providing a safe environment for everyone. We have carefully implemented a few operational changes, guided by the NSW Government’s health orders, ensuring your comfort and enjoyment are not impacted.
What we are doing
To protect your health and safety, we are:
- Checking temperatures on arrival. If your temperature is 37.4°C or above you’ll be asked to wait outside for 5 minutes, then we’ll re-check your temperature. If it’s still 37.4°C degrees or more then we’re not permitted to allow you entry and we’ll ask you to come back another time.
- Providing hand sanitiser on arrival and throughout the venue.
- Increasing our cleaning schedule including a thorough cleanse of the auditorium before the show, during interval and after every performance. Hospital-grade disinfectant is used to sanitise high touch surfaces such as handrails, doors and counters.
- Installing clear protective screens at Box Office to protect you and our staff.
- Limiting Box Office operations from 1 hour before the show to ticket collection only. No refunds, exchanges or collections for shows other than the current performance will be processed.
- Opening the auditorium earlier to ease congestion. You’ll be able to take your seat 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
- Opening additional overflow areas to help manage traffic flow.
- Scanning tickets on entry to the auditorium to reduce points of contact.
- Limiting seating in the auditorium to adhere to the NSW Government’s 50% capacity rule.
- Offering flexible ticket exchanges. If you feel unwell contact Box Office prior to the performance and we will arrange an exchange, credit or refund where appropriate.
- Training all of our staff on COVID-safe practices.
- Continuing to be guided by the NSW Government’s health order and updating measurements as required.
How you can help
- Download your eTicket and have it handy on your phone or bring a print out.
- Bring your face mask. We will have some available to purchase at Box Office.
- Contactless payments are preferred, so please bring a credit or debit card for on-site purchases.
- Avoid bringing large bags, we are not operating a cloaking service.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Consider downloading the COVID Safe app and keep up-to-date with the NSW Health advisories about COVID-19.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the show starts or arrive 30 minutes early if you’ve still to collect your ticket.
- A member of staff will check your temperature.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Use your phone to scan our QR code and register your details online to assist with contact tracing. There will also be a manual sign-in book.
- Once you’ve checked in, head on through and find a seat. Drinks and snacks will be available at Jim’s Foyer Bar, but once you order please take a seat, you can’t remain standing.
- Where possible, try to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others.
- Please follow staff instructions if directed to an overflow area.
- Have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the auditorium.
- You need to wear your face mask in the auditorium. Please ensure you have it on before the lights go down.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- If you become unwell or notice another audience member displaying flu symptoms, alert a staff member immediately.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 days of attending a performance, please notify us by calling Box Office on (02) 8919 3400.