YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Ensemble Theatre is committed to providing a safe environment for everyone. We have carefully implemented a few operational changes, guided by the NSW Government’s health orders, ensuring your comfort and enjoyment are not impacted.
Watch our step-by-step guide
You must wear your face mask as soon as you enter the building, but here is a handy guide to some of the other safety measures now in place…
What we are doing
To protect your health and safety, we are:
- Checking temperatures on arrival. If your temperature is 37.4°C or above you’ll be asked to wait outside for 5 minutes, then we’ll re-check your temperature. If it’s still 37.4°C degrees or more then we’re not permitted to allow you entry and we’ll ask you to come back another time.
- Ensuring all customers are wearing a face mask on entry to the building. If you forget to bring your mask please pick one up from the Box Office. Front of house and Bayly’s Bistro staff will be wearing masks.
- Providing hand sanitiser on arrival and throughout the venue.
- Increasing our cleaning schedule including a thorough cleanse of the auditorium before the show, during interval and after every performance. Hospital-grade disinfectant is used to sanitise high touch surfaces such as handrails, doors and counters.
- Installing clear screens at Box Office to protect you and our staff.
- Limiting Box Office operations from 1 hour before the show to ticket collection only. No refunds, exchanges or collections for shows other than the current performance will be processed.
- Opening the auditorium earlier to ease congestion. You’ll be able to take your seat 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
- Opening additional overflow areas to help manage traffic flow.
- Scanning tickets on entry to the auditorium to reduce points of contact.
- Limiting seating in the auditorium to adhere to the NSW Government’s 75% capacity rule.
- Offering flexible ticket exchanges. If you feel unwell contact Box Office prior to the performance and we will arrange an exchange, credit or refund where appropriate.
- Training all of our staff on COVID-safe practices.
- Continuing to be guided by the NSW Government’s health order and updating measurements as required.
How you can help
- Download your eTicket and have it handy on your phone or bring a print out.
- Wear your mask as soon as you enter the building. Audience members aged 12 and over are required to wear a face mask in our foyer and auditorium. You can briefly lower your mask to eat and drink at Jim’s Foyer Bar, or remove it when dining at Bayly’s Bistro, but at all other times you must wear a mask. Please be respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious. Some audience members may be exempt due to health conditions.
- Contactless payments are preferred, so please bring a credit or debit card for on-site purchases.
- Avoid bringing large bags, we are not operating a cloaking service.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 days of attending a performance, please notify us by calling Box Office on (02) 8919 3400
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the show starts or arrive 30 minutes early if you’ve still to collect your ticket.
- Wear your mask as soon as you enter the building. If you’ve forgotten to bring your mask, please pick up a complimentary mask at the Box Office.
- A member of staff will check your temperature.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Use your phone to scan our QR code and register your details online to assist with contact tracing. There will be staff available to offer assistance.
- Once you’ve checked in, head on through and find a seat. Drinks and snacks will be available at Jim’s Foyer Bar before the show, but once you order please take a seat, you can’t remain standing.
- Where possible, try to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others.
- Please follow staff instructions. You may be directed to an overflow area.
- Have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the auditorium.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- If you become unwell or notice another audience member displaying flu symptoms, alert a staff member immediately.