YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Ensemble Theatre is committed to providing a safe environment for everyone.
Following the latest NSW Government health advice, it is compulsory to wear a face mask as soon as you enter Ensemble Theatre.
Don't forget to wear your mask
Following the latest NSW Government health advice, it is compulsory to wear a face mask as soon as you enter Ensemble Theatre. If you’ve forgotten to bring your own, please ask a member of staff for a complimentary mask.
You can briefly lower your mask to eat and drink at Jim’s Foyer Bar or remove it when dining at Bayly’s Bistro but at all other times, including during the show, you must wear a mask.
As soon as you’ve ordered your drink at the bar please take a seat. You cannot remain standing when eating or drinking.
These increased restrictions are in place for all performances of HONOUR until Monday 10 May. We are constantly monitoring advice from NSW Heath and update our COVID Safe plan accordingly.
We’ll continue to enforce other safety measures such as signing in with the Service NSW app and getting your temperature checked on arrival.
If you have any concerns, please contact the Box Office before your performance.
Thank you for your help ensuring everyone can safely enjoy the live performance of HONOUR.
100% Audience Capacity
Ensemble Theatre is now open at 100% capacity so you may be sitting directly next to another audience member. Following the latest NSW Government health advice, it is compulsory to wear a face mask in the theatre.
We’ll continue to work closely with NSW Health to enforce our exemplary COVID Safe measures. These also include signing-in with the Service NSW app, getting your temperature checked on arrival and using the hand sanitiser provided throughout the venue.
We understand some audience members may feel uncomfortable attending the theatre when open at full capacity. 11am matinees and 8.15pm Thursday evening performances of HONOUR will remain at 75%. If you’re concerned, please email the Box Office to discuss your ticket options.
What we are doing
To protect your health and safety, we are:
- Checking temperatures on arrival. If your temperature is 37.4°C or above you’ll be asked to wait outside for 5 minutes, then we’ll re-check your temperature. If it’s still 37.4°C degrees or more, then we’re not permitted to allow you entry and we’ll ask you to come back another time.
- In accordance with NSW Government’s latest advice, you need to wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose. If you forget to bring your mask please pick one up from the Box Office.
- Providing hand sanitiser on arrival and throughout the venue.
- Increasing our cleaning schedule including a thorough cleanse of the auditorium before the show, during interval and after every performance. Hospital-grade disinfectant is used to sanitise high touch surfaces such as handrails, doors and counters.
- Installing clear screens at Box Office to protect you and our staff.
- Limiting Box Office operations from 1 hour before the show to ticket collection only. No refunds, exchanges or collections for shows other than the current performance will be processed.
- Opening the auditorium earlier to ease congestion. You’ll be able to take your seat 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
- Opening additional overflow areas to help manage traffic flow.
- Scanning tickets on entry to the auditorium to reduce points of contact.
- Limiting seating in the auditorium to adhere to the NSW Government’s 75% capacity rule.
- Offering flexible ticket exchanges. If you feel unwell contact Box Office prior to the performance and we will arrange an exchange, credit or refund where appropriate.
- Training all of our staff on COVID-safe practices.
- Continuing to be guided by the NSW Government’s health order and updating measurements as required.
How you can help
- Download your eTicket and have it handy on your phone or bring a print out.
- Download the Service NSW app before you arrive. Use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code at the entrance and show a member of staff your successful check-in. Staff will be available to offer assistance.
- Bring your mask, you need to wear one in the foyer and auditorium.
- Contactless payments are preferred, so please bring a credit or debit card for on-site purchases.
- Avoid bringing large bags, we are not operating a cloaking service.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 days of attending a performance, please notify us by calling Box Office on (02) 8919 3400
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the show starts or arrive 30 minutes early if you’ve still to collect your ticket
- Pop on your face mask before your enter Ensemble Theatre.
- A member of staff will check your temperature on arrival.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Use the Service NSW app on your phone to scan our QR code and check-in to assist with contact tracing. There will be staff available to offer assistance.
- Once you’ve checked in, head on through. The auditorium doors will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the show. Please note glass is not permitted in the auditorium, please pour your drink into a paper cup available at Jim’s Foyer Bar.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Where possible, try to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others.
- Please follow staff instructions. You may be directed to an overflow area.
- Have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the auditorium.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- If you become unwell or notice another audience member displaying flu symptoms, alert a staff member immediately.