YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
While the NSW Government’s stay at home orders are in place, all shows until the end of the year have been removed from sale. We’ll be in contact as soon as we’re able to safely re-opening. Thanks for your support and understanding.
NEARER THE GODS RESCHEDULED TO 2022
We’ve made another difficult decision to reschedule NEARER THE GODS to 2022 as the uncertainty around when Ensemble Theatre can fully re-open continues.
David Williamson is a firm favourite with our audiences and we want to ensure as many of you as possible can safely enjoy the Ensemble premiere of NEARER THE GODS which will now run from Friday 4 March – Saturday 23 April 2022.
The Director at Work session with Janine Watson has moved to Thursday 10 February 2022 at 4pm.
Thanks for your patience as we work to contact all ticket holders.
Although we’ve rescheduled our final play for 2021, we’re optimistic that we’ll be able to open this year with reduced capacity performances of THE WOMAN IN BLACK. This is dependent on vaccination rates and the NSW Government’s health advice so we’ll be in contact as soon as we have more information.
OTHER IMPACTED SHOWS
- THE WOMAN IN BLACK | 26 June – 24 July cancelled | If we can safely re-open this year, we plan to bring back THE WOMAN IN BLACK
- KILLING KATIE: CONFESSIONS OF A BOOK CLUB | Rescheduled to 12 January – 19 February 2022
- JOHN BELL: AND ANOTHER THING… | 15 – 22 August postponed | We’ll be in touch as soon as we have confirmation of new performance dates
- ART | 17 September – 30 October cancelled
- CASTING COUCH WITH TODD MCKENNEY AND NANCYE HAYES | 17 – 25 October postponed | We’ll be in touch as soon as we have new performance dates
We really appreciate all the messages of support. Your generosity ensures Ensemble Theatre will still be here when you can safely return. Thank you.
What we are doing
To protect your health and safety, we are:
- Checking temperatures on arrival. If your temperature is 37.4°C or above you’ll be asked to wait outside for 5 minutes, then we’ll re-check your temperature. If it’s still 37.4°C degrees or more, then we’re not permitted to allow you entry and we’ll ask you to come back another time.
- Wear a face mask as soon as you enter the building. If you forget to bring your mask please pick one up from the Box Office.
- Providing hand sanitiser on arrival and throughout the venue.
- Increasing our cleaning schedule including a thorough cleanse of the auditorium before the show, during interval and after every performance. Hospital-grade disinfectant is used to sanitise high touch surfaces such as handrails, doors and counters.
- Installing clear screens at Box Office to protect you and our staff.
- Limiting Box Office operations from 1 hour before the show to ticket collection only. No refunds, exchanges or collections for shows other than the current performance will be processed.
- Opening the auditorium earlier to ease congestion. You’ll be able to take your seat 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
- Opening additional overflow areas to help manage traffic flow.
- Scanning tickets on entry to the auditorium to reduce points of contact.
- Offering flexible ticket exchanges. If you feel unwell contact Box Office prior to the performance and we will arrange an exchange, credit or refund where appropriate.
- Training all of our staff on COVID-safe practices.
- Continuing to be guided by the NSW Government’s health order and updating measurements as required.
How you can help
- Download your eTicket and have it handy on your phone or bring a print out.
- Download the Service NSW app before you arrive. Use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code at the entrance and show a member of staff your successful check-in. Staff will be available to offer assistance.
- Bring your mask and wear it at all times, including during the show.
- Contactless payments are preferred, so please bring a credit or debit card for on-site purchases.
- Avoid bringing large bags, we are not operating a cloaking service.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 days of attending a performance, please notify us by calling Box Office on (02) 8919 3400
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the show starts or arrive 30 minutes early if you’ve still to collect your ticket.
- Pop on your mask before you enter the building.
- A member of staff will check your temperature on arrival.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Use the Service NSW app on your phone to scan our QR code and check-in to assist with contact tracing. There will be staff available to offer assistance.
- Once you’ve checked in, head on through. The auditorium doors will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the show. Please note glass is not permitted in the auditorium, please pour your drink into a paper cup available at Jim’s Foyer Bar.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Where possible, try to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others.
- Please follow staff instructions. You may be directed to an overflow area.
- Have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the auditorium.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- If you become unwell or notice another audience member displaying flu symptoms, alert a staff member immediately.