YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY
Ensemble Theatre is committed to providing a safe environment for everyone.
KILLING KATIE RESCHEDULED TO 2022
We’ve decided to reschedule our season of KILLING KATIE: CONFESSIONS OF A BOOK CLUB to Wednesday 12 January – Saturday 19 February 2022.
Based on the current NSW Health advice, we felt this was the best decision to ensure Tracey Trinder’s new comedy gets the world premiere it deserves. Apologies for the inconvenience but the health and safety of everyone visiting and working at the theatre is our priority.
Due to the extended lockdown across Greater Sydney, regretfully we had to cancel THE WOMAN IN BLACK performances until Friday 24 July.
However, rescheduling KILLING KATIE allows us to extend THE WOMAN IN BLACK season into August. Depending on NSW Government COVID-19 restrictions, if we’re able to re-open in the next few weeks then we want to give as many audiences as possible the opportunity to experience this chilling ghost story. Our plan is to offer ticket holders to the cancelled performances of THE WOMAN IN BLACK priority access to the August dates. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have more information about this.
Thanks for your patience while our team first alerts impacted ticket holders.
We’re really grateful for your cooperation and understanding and please stay safe.
What we are doing
To protect your health and safety, we are:
- Checking temperatures on arrival. If your temperature is 37.4°C or above you’ll be asked to wait outside for 5 minutes, then we’ll re-check your temperature. If it’s still 37.4°C degrees or more, then we’re not permitted to allow you entry and we’ll ask you to come back another time.
- Wear a face mask as soon as you enter the building. If you forget to bring your mask please pick one up from the Box Office.
- Providing hand sanitiser on arrival and throughout the venue.
- Increasing our cleaning schedule including a thorough cleanse of the auditorium before the show, during interval and after every performance. Hospital-grade disinfectant is used to sanitise high touch surfaces such as handrails, doors and counters.
- Installing clear screens at Box Office to protect you and our staff.
- Limiting Box Office operations from 1 hour before the show to ticket collection only. No refunds, exchanges or collections for shows other than the current performance will be processed.
- Opening the auditorium earlier to ease congestion. You’ll be able to take your seat 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
- Opening additional overflow areas to help manage traffic flow.
- Scanning tickets on entry to the auditorium to reduce points of contact.
- Offering flexible ticket exchanges. If you feel unwell contact Box Office prior to the performance and we will arrange an exchange, credit or refund where appropriate.
- Training all of our staff on COVID-safe practices.
- Continuing to be guided by the NSW Government’s health order and updating measurements as required.
How you can help
- Download your eTicket and have it handy on your phone or bring a print out.
- Download the Service NSW app before you arrive. Use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code at the entrance and show a member of staff your successful check-in. Staff will be available to offer assistance.
- Bring your mask and wear it at all times, including during the show.
- Contactless payments are preferred, so please bring a credit or debit card for on-site purchases.
- Avoid bringing large bags, we are not operating a cloaking service.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 days of attending a performance, please notify us by calling Box Office on (02) 8919 3400
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the show starts or arrive 30 minutes early if you’ve still to collect your ticket.
- Pop on your mask before you enter the building.
- A member of staff will check your temperature on arrival.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Use the Service NSW app on your phone to scan our QR code and check-in to assist with contact tracing. There will be staff available to offer assistance.
- Once you’ve checked in, head on through. The auditorium doors will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the show. Please note glass is not permitted in the auditorium, please pour your drink into a paper cup available at Jim’s Foyer Bar.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Where possible, try to maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others.
- Please follow staff instructions. You may be directed to an overflow area.
- Have your ticket ready to scan as you enter the auditorium.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- If you become unwell or notice another audience member displaying flu symptoms, alert a staff member immediately.