Help support our Hearing Loop upgrade
Our intimate theatre down by the stunning harbour in Kirribilli attracts more than 80,000 audience members each year and over 1,000 have indicated they are hard of hearing. Our existing Hearing Loop coverage is limited, with four of the Hearing Loop sets coming to the end of their useful lives. At Ensemble, theatre is for everyone and we’d love to refresh our Hearing Loop to respond to audience needs. That’s where My Community Project comes in.
My Community Project is an initiative by the NSW government to improve the wellbeing of people in NSW and also gives communities the ability to propose and vote on local projects.
Voting is now open until 15 Aug! Help us upgrade our Hearing Loop and vote for Ensemble Theatre! Anyone over aged 16+, has a valid Medicare card and lives in the North Sydney electorate can vote.
To vote, you’ll just need to follow a few easy steps:
- Register for a MyserviceNSW Account with Service NSW at service.nsw.gov.au
- Head to our My Community Project page here
- Choose us as your first preference!
Projects in each electorate will be ranked in order of total points received, so the more votes we can get, the better the chance of us upgrading our Hearing Loop!
Here’s just a few reasons why you should vote for our project…
Ensemble Theatre aims to:
- Present high calibre live theatre, equally accessible to all members of the community
- Foster stronger community connections and activate Ensemble Theatre as a vibrant and inclusive local cultural hub
- Generate opportunities for hard of hearing people to enjoy shared social experiences with family and friends
Thank you for your ongoing support and we hope you’ll vote for us!
For more information, head to mycommunityproject.service.nsw.gov.au